“No winter lasts forever. No spring skips its turn.” – Hal Borland.
I just got back from a trip to my hometown and am only just easing back into the “regular” life. Sometimes I feel like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation. You know what I mean.?
So I’m back to my kitchen and oven after a good while and it’s with these light and crunchy cinnamon sticks. Something I learnt about cinnamon during all my taste trials with friends and family ( when you bake and blog, people around you get fed a lot!) , you either love it or hate it. There’s no in between. Me ? Its love all the way , and a newfound one at that. I love the ‘sugar meets spice’ flavours in cinnamon bakes and adore how my kitchen smells right after. Autumn-y n wood-sy almost.
This recipe is adapted from Arthur flours . It’s almost a pastry kind of cookie that is filled with a cinnamon sugar and twisted . Each cookie is whimsically different from the rest ! The weather has been cold and weepy where I am , and these cookies were the perfect accompaniment as I huddled under my blanket with a cup of coffee and this great mystery novel that I m reading. Ahhh…!
These cinnamon twisty cookies are buttery ,crunchy and flaky. Lovely flavour. So light , you could eat several in a go and aren’t too sweet. They would make good gifts for the festive season that’s coming and delicious with your mid morning cuppa .
Creative cookie exchange !
Are we the only ones who start craving cinnamon when the weather gets colder? We can’t be! And we are talking anything sold under the word cinnamon–cassia, “true Cinnamon”, Ceylon Cinnamon, Vietnamese Cinnamon–if it is sold as cinnamon it is what we want! Check out all of our cinnamon cookies below! Hint: A lot of them could be used for your holiday cookie table!
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Browned Butter Snickerdoodles by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Chai Shortbread by LiveBakeLove
- Cinnamon Chocolate Star Cookies by Baking Yummies
- Cinnamon Crunch Cookies by 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Cinnamon Dusted Orange Icebox Cookies by The Spiced Life
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies with White Chocolate Glaze by Our Good Life
- Cinnamon Pecan Elephant Ears by Noshing With The Nolands
- Cinnamon Roll Cookies by A Baker’s House
- Cinnamon Sticks by Flours and Frostings
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookies by Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Waffle Cookies by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Cinnamon Walnut Icebox Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cream Cheese Cinnamon Roll Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Polvorones by Oven Delights
- Speculoos by Upstate Ramblings