“Happiness is…freshly baked chocolate chip cookies!”.
I m obsessed with trying to bake a perfect chocolate chip cookie. I don’t really know why this is . I didn’t really grow up eating them , nor am i crazy about the ones found in the stores. But when it comes to baking them myself, i have an urge to try every single recipe for chocolate chip cookies that i come across.
Some other chocolate chip cookies I have tried : wholewheat crunchy eggless chocolate chunk cookies, Nutella chocolate chip cookies and slice n bake chocolate chip cookies!
Every try of mine has been fairly successful, have a great recipe for a crispy chocolate chip cookie ( which i will surely share if i stick to blogging long enough!) and this one is my go-to when i need to bake a great cookie quick. It s adapted from Gretchen’s bakery.
Really. if you have room temperature butter , it takes 20 minutes or less to whip them up. The dough does not require refrigeration, although if you have time on hand, go ahead and chill it for unto 45 minutes for an even better texture. 15 minutes in the oven and you are ready to have a cookie , or two. or three. I don’t judge!
- 115 grams or 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 grams or 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 100 grams or 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg , room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 228 grams or 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat your oven to 180 C. Sift or whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together the sugars and butter until creamy and fluffy. This takes around 5 minutes with an electric beater.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Add in the flour mixture and beat until dough forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- On a parchment lined, or greased cookie sheet lay down cookie dough balls of roughly 1.5 - 2 cm diameter. Leave around 2 inches space between the cookies.
- Bake at 180 C for 14-15 minutes. Cool completely and store away.
- These cookies are on the sweeter side, so you can try using less sugar although the texture won't be exactly the same.
- This recipe gives 30 cookies of about 5 cm diameter each.
- The cookies stay good for upto 5 or 6 days in an airtight container
- My measuring cup is 240 ml.
- While chilling is optional, it does help the cookies keep their shape better